For one of our Drupal 8 projects with is related to news channel need an option to flash their main news title as a slider. Drupal 8 has lots of Slider modules and can use any of this. But the below is very quick and simple option show title text as a slider.
Step 1. Getting set up with Views Slideshow
Download and enable the Views Slideshow module
- Download the Drupal 8 version of the Views Slideshow module.
Download the jQuery cycle Library
- Rename the downloaded folder to /jquery.cycle/
- Upload the files to the /libraries/ folder in the root of your site. The Drupal 8 Libraries folder in the root itself and the structure is different from Drupal 7
Step 2: Create the contents for the slider, if content type not exists make sure to create a new content type of use the existing content type.
Step 3: Create the new view for the slider display
- Go to Structure > Views > Add new view.
- Enter a "View name".
- Click "Create a block".
- For "Display format", choose "Slideshow".
- Click "Save and edit".
- Select Slideshow settings from the format section.
- In Cycle Options change the Effect from fade to "scrollLeft" or any other with respect to our wish.
- Check the "View Transition Advanced Options" inside the view setting there we will get the below options
- Update "Timer delay" and "Speed" to fit your needs.
- Click Apply.
- Now select the number of items from the Pager display and set this to 0 items.
- Save the view.
Step 4: Place the slideshow block in the region where we need to list the block.
- Go to Structure > Block layout (admin/structure/block).
- Click "Place Block". option beside the region where we need to place the block.
If you are still having trouble configuring a custom field talk to a Drupal expert. Please fill in our Contact Us form and we will get back to you shortly.